Referee Recertification Information
All Grade 12, 9, 8 & 7 referees are required to attend a minimum of 5 hours in-service training throughout the year. In addition, all referees are required to pass a recertification exam annually and pay an annual registration fee. These fees vary by grade. They are:
Grade 12 – $45.00
Grade 9 – $45.00
Grade 8 – $45.00
Grade 7 – $50.00
Grade 6 – $80.00
Grade 5 – $80.00
To register for the Recertification Clinics follow these directions:
1. From this web site, click on the registration button for the Recertification Clinic you wish to attend.
2. On the next page, select the course number for more details or verify that the clinic you are looking at is correct and click “login here”.
3. If you do not know your Game Officials username or password, click on “Forgot Username or Password” and follow the instructions. DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT!
4. Once logged in, you will be asked to register for the clinic and pay by credit card (only).
5. If you are 18 years of age or older, you will be required to supply information for your Risk Management verification.
6. You will then see a button that says, “Load Session Tracker”. This will take you to the required Recertification Exam, which must be completed online.
7. If you have any problems, please contact the clinic Lead Instructor or the SDI (Bob Reath).
NOTE: If you register and pay, then decide you can’t make the clinic send an email to the Lead Instructor or the SDI and they will remove you from the class. Your payment will still be good for another recertification clinic. If you decide you want a refund, the State will refund your money except for $5. This is to recover the cost for the system and background check.
Grade 8 and 7 referees must pass the Annual Recertification Exam online before attending the clinic. Also, all referees 18 years and older must participate in the Risk Management Program. Written testing at the clinics will still be provided for Grade 9 and Grade 12 referees. Currently scheduled Recertification Clinics are listed below.
Winter Recertification Clinics
These clinics are for 2015 registration purposes.
Howard County – Laurel Recertification Clinics
Central Maryland (Howard County – Laurel) recertification clinics will be hosted at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory Main Campus and South Campus.
Main Campus Parsons Auditorium Bldg. 1.
Saturday January 24, 2015 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM – Cancelled due to weather – we will have a make up date once we confirm the facility.
South Campus Auditorium Bldg. 200-E100.
Saturday January 31, 2015 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Main Campus Parsons Auditorium (Bldg. 1)
11100 Johns Hopkins Rd
South Campus Bldg. 200-E100 Auditorium.
11101 Johns Hopkins Rd
Contact: Craig Proffen.
Centreville, MD Winter Recertification Clinic
GOODWILL FIRE DEPT
Saturday January 17, 2015
9AM to 2PM
Contact: Mark Jennings.
Bowie, MD Winter Recertification Clinic
12218 TORAH PLACE
Saturday January 31, 2015
9AM to 2PM
Contact: Mark Jennings.
Waldorf, MD Recertification Clinic
JOHN HANSON MIDDLE SCHOOL
3165 JOHN HANSON DR
Saturday, Jan 31, 2015
9:00am – 2:00pm
Contact: Mike Tretick
Monthly In-Service Training
The Chesapeake Beach, MD Monthly clinic will be held the third Monday of each Month from 6:30PM to 9:00PM:
At the North East Community Center in Chesapeake Beach, MD
For more information please contact: Mike Tretick
The Montgomery County: 1st Monday of each month, 7:00pm – 9:00pm
18031 Central Park Circle, Boyds
Contact: Thomas Goubeaux
The Howard County Clinics will be held on the third Thursday of each month from 7-9:
SAC/HC Administrative Office
Covenant Park Complex
4560 Centennial Ln.
Contact: Craig Proffen
The Anne Arundel County Monthly Clinics will be held on the following days:
05 January 2015
6:30PM to 9:00PM
740 Maryland Rt 3
Gambrills, MD 21054
Contact: Mark Jennings
The Carroll County Monthly Clinics will be held on the following days:
12 January 2015 – CANCELLED – Senior Center is closed.
26 January 2015 – Make Up Date
23 February 2015
09 March 2015
6:00PM to 8:30PM
North Carroll Senior Center
2328 Hanover Pike
Hampstead, Maryland 21074
Contact: Bob Reath