Referee Recertification Information
All Grade 12, 9, 8 & 7 referees are required to attend a minimum of 5 hours in-service training throughout the year. In addition, all referees are required to pass a recertification exam annually and pay an annual registration fee. These fees vary by grade. They are:
Grade 12 – $45.00
Grade 9 – $45.00
Grade 8 – $45.00
Grade 7 – $50.00
Grade 6 – $80.00
Grade 5 – $80.00
To register for the Recertification Clinics follow these directions:
1. From this web site, click on the registration button for the Recertification Clinic you wish to attend.
2. On the next page, verify that the clinic you are looking at is correct and click “login here”.
3. If you do not know your Game Officials username or password, click on “Forgot Username or Password” and follow the instructions. DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT!
4. Once logged in, you will be asked to register for the clinic and pay by credit card (only).
5. If you are 18 years of age or older, you will be required to supply information for your Risk Management verification.
6. You will then see a button that says, “Load Session Tracker”. This will take you to the required Recertification Exam, which must be completed online.
7. If you have any problems, please contact the clinic Lead Instructor or the SDI (Bob Reath).
NOTE: If you register and pay, then decide you can’t make the clinic send an email to the Lead Instructor or the SDI and they will remove you from the class. Your payment will still be good for another recertification clinic. If you decide you want a refund, the State will refund your money except for $5. This is to recover the cost for the system and background check.
Grade 8 and 7 referees must pass the Annual Recertification Exam online before attending the clinic. Also, all referees 18 years and older must participate in the Risk Management Program. Written testing at the clinics will still be provided for Grade 9 and Grade 12 referees. Currently scheduled Recertification Clinics are listed below.
Winter Recertification Clinics
These clinics are for 2015 registration purposes.
Frederick County Winter Recertification Clinic
OAKDALE HS AUDITORIUM
5850 EAGLEHEAD DR
Saturday November 22, 2014
12PM to 5PM
Contact: Steve Horton.
Carroll County Winter Recertification Clinic
WESTMINSTER HS CAFETERIA
1225 WASHINGTON RD
Sunday December 7, 2014
12PM to 5PM
Contact: Steve Horton.
Waldorf, MD Recertification Clinic
JOHN HANSON MIDDLE SCHOOL
3165 JOHN HANSON DR
Saturday, Jan 31, 2015
9:00am – 2:00pm
Contact: Mike Tretick
Monthly In-Service Training
The Chesapeake Beach, MD Monthly clinic will be held the third Monday of each Month from 6:30PM to 9:00PM:
At the North East Community Center in Chesapeake Beach, MD
For more information please contact: Mike Tretick
The Montgomery County: 1st Monday of each month, 7:30pm – 9:00pm
18031 Central Park Circle, Boyds
Contact: Bryan Roslund
The Howard County Clinics will be held on the third Thursday of each month from 7-9:
SAC/HC Administrative Office
Covenant Park Complex
4560 Centennial Ln.
Contact: Craig Proffen
The Carroll County Monthly Clinics will be held on the following days:
22 September, 2014 – Cancelled due to a conflict
06 October – Make up date for 22 September
20 October, 2014
24 November, 2014
No clinic in December
6:00PM to 8:30PM
North Carroll Senior Center
2328 Hanover Pike
Hampstead, Maryland 21074
Contact: Bob Reath