Referee Recertification Information
All Grade 12, 9, 8 & 7 referees are required to attend a minimum of 5 hours in-service training throughout the year. In addition, all referees are required to pass a recertification exam annually and pay an annual registration fee. These fees vary by grade. They are:
Grade 12 – $45.00
Grade 9 – $45.00
Grade 8 – $45.00
Grade 7 – $50.00
Grade 6 – $80.00
Grade 5 – $80.00
To register for the Recertification Clinics follow these directions:
1. From this web site, click on the registration button for the Recertification Clinic you wish to attend.
2. On the next page, select the course number for more details or verify that the clinic you are looking at is correct and click “login here”.
3. If you do not know your Game Officials username or password, click on “Forgot Username or Password” and follow the instructions. DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT!
4. Once logged in, you will be asked to register for the clinic and pay by credit card (only).
5. If you are 18 years of age or older, you will be required to supply information for your Risk Management verification.
6. You will then see a button that says, “Load Session Tracker”. This will take you to the required Recertification Exam, which must be completed online.
7. If you have any problems, please contact the clinic Lead Instructor or the SDI (Bob Reath).
NOTE: If you register and pay, then decide you can’t make the clinic send an email to the Lead Instructor or the SDI and they will remove you from the class. Your payment will still be good for another recertification clinic. If you decide you want a refund, the State will refund your money except for $5. This is to recover the cost for the system and background check.
Grade 8 and 7 referees must pass the Annual Recertification Exam online before attending the clinic. Also, all referees 18 years and older must participate in the Risk Management Program. Written testing at the clinics will still be provided for Grade 9 and Grade 12 referees. Currently scheduled Recertification Clinics are listed below.
2017 Recertification Clinics
Anticipate having winter months clinics listed by mid to late October.
Monthly In-Service Training
These monthly clinics count toward recertification. You are still required to complete 5-hours.
The Montgomery County: 1st Monday of each month, 7:00pm – 9:00pm
18031 Central Park Circle, Boyds
Contact: Thomas Goubeaux
The Howard County Monthly Clinic:
The Howard County Monthly Clinic will be held on the 3rd Monday Night of each month from 7:00PM to 9:30PM.
SAC/HC Administrative Office
Covenant Park Complex
4560 Centennial Ln.
Contact: Craig Proffen
The Anne Arundel and PG County Monthly Clinics will be held on the following days:
740 Maryland Rt 3
Gambrills, MD 21054
Contact: Mark Jennings
The Carroll County Monthly Clinics will be held on the following days:
Monday October 3, 2016 – Dining room
Monday November 14, 2016 – Large Craft Room
6:00PM to 8:30PM
2328 Hanover Pike
Hampstead, MD 21074
Contact: Bob Reath